Thursday 3 October 2013

Reflections of Post Uno

Sunday 22.09.2013

I'm sitting on the bank of the Loddon River at Laanecoorie.  Still lots of tweaking to be done on the blog. Did I jump or was I pushed to hit the 'Publish' button.  I think I was pushed to jump.  My poor little lap top was soooo slow, we ran out of time to tweak.  Then I still had to write 'Post Uno' off the top of my head, without any forethought.  Hmmm, not good.

Sitting here in the sun with peace, pelicans and tranquillity, there is so much more I want to say.  I'm not sure what I've already said because I don't have access to the internet to find out (well I do now, now that I'm home).  this blog is being written in the original notebook, with pen and paper, no power or internet required!

I gave up smoking at about 23:57 hrs on 30 June 2012, not counting the one I botted for my birthday in July.  Knitting is now my drug.  Before I gave up smoking knitting was a hobby.  Now, my stash is almost (I only said almost, not completely) out of control and I have too many ideas for projects running around my head.  According to the Quit poster, in 1 year a pack-a-day smoker will save over $4000.  That means I should have saved over $2000.  My receipts from Spotlight tell me otherwise.

I can tell you one thing, I won't be blogging everyday and most likely not every week. I can even see myself going a few weeks between posts.  Why?  Who wants to read about me every day, this stuff takes time to do, I'm too busy knitting to write, I'm not in the mood, or sometimes, LIFE JUST GETS IN THE WAY.

Back to the blog.
I guess it's like many things in life, practice makes perfect, or at least better.  I hope to share with you fabulous patterns, yummy yarns, ideas for projects, etc.  One day I hope to be able to write my own patterns, add 'How To' videos (as if there aren't enough already on youtube) and maybe, just maybe, get published.  I mean in a real book, with pages of paper that one can touch and turn.

Gotta go ... need a knit fix.
And Carly, I want my 'A' bit as a capital. (yay! I worked out how)


No comments:

Post a Comment