Sunday 27 October 2013

Aran and cable scarf

I seem to have been knitting this forever, but I'm nearly there.  My sister sent me a gift voucher for my birthday for CrafteeCottage in Oakleigh.  Mum and I saw the scarf in their booth at the Stitches and Craft show at Jeff's Shed in July.  The pattern is by Louisa Phillipson, winner of Craftee Cottage's 2013 scarf competition.  Because it was the last day of the show, there was not a huge choice of colours, so we went the next weekend to the store.  Heaven!  So many yummy yarns.  I like the colour we chose.  We were trying for a unisex colour, but I think the scarf is turning out quite manly, The yarn is Heirloom 'Chelsea' 8 ply.
 
Yay! It's finally finished and now it's for sale.  70% wool / 30% bamboo.  Approximately 7' or 2.1 mt long.
 
 
Funny how the colour changes from one photo to the next.  I would describe it as a moss green.  My train buddy and I did the calculations and there are nearly 27 .5 thousand stitches in this scarf.  Probably closer to 30 thousand if you count the back tracking, tee he he.


1 comment: